COVID Committee Meetinghouse Recommendations.
The COVID Committee met May 30 and adjusted recommendations. We continue to use hospitalizations/ICU capacity as red flags for tightening vigilance, and those remain low. However, the current Omicron variant is very contagious, moving quickly through the airways, and long COVID is devastating in people of all ages. While immunization and boosters continue to protect against severe disease and death, they are less effective in preventing infection with this variant.
At this point, we are depending on people to take personal responsibility for their own health and the health of others. Please remember that precautions and vigilance are still effective, and there are many vulnerable people among us.
Accordingly, we are making strong recommendations and one requirement.
- Wear masks when gathering in the meetinghouse if possible.
- Enjoy hospitality, coffee and singing outdoors if possible.
- Attend Zoom Meeting for Worship rather than in person Meeting for Worship if you are concerned about your health.
- Renters may determine their own requirements as long as there is no infringement on LifeWays.
At this time we recommend opening up in person work with children to unvaccinated adults. This would include Sunday Children’s Religious Education and Peacemakers Camp All adults working with children within the meetinghouse shall be masked.
- Adults must wear masks when interacting with children indoors.